Monday 23 February 2009

Lost in a book

Forgive me reader, for I have not blogged. Recently I've felt I've needed some non-screen time. Spending all day and all night in front of a computer can make you yearn for the yellowed page. So I spent yesterday curled up under a blanket, lost in a book. This used to be one of my favourite things to do; still is in fact, but funny how reading gets shoved to the bottom of the list these days. But yesterday I threw that to-do list out the window and immersed myself in another world. I was reading Anne Tyler's Digging to America, that I picked up for 99p at Oxfam.  An easy, almost comforting read full of colourful characters, families, noise -  I read it all in one sitting. 

Do you find that the more you write and the more you try to squeeze in the less you read? When was the last time you let yourself get lost in a book?

No comments:

Post a Comment